Friday, September 5, 2008

Bronchitis and Breathing Treatments


Chloe has had a lingering runny nose for about 2 weeks but we haven't worried much about it since it was all clear. I was giving her Claritin and she wasn't at all bothered by the whole thing. Labor Day (Monday) night, she started running a fever. The Tylenol helped it and her fever was gone in the morning. Despite that, we decided it would be in our best interest to get her looked at by the pediatrician just to make sure there was no infection since Baby Claire was due to be born one week and one day later! So....I took Chloe in on Tuesday afternoon to find out that she has bronchitis!! They prescribed an antibiotic and breathing treatments to agressively treat her and try to get her well before we bring the baby home. I was very glad that I went ahead and took her to the doctor. We are also thankful that she still doesn't act sick and has felt pretty good despite it all! Here's a picture of her taking one of her breathing treatments. They gave her a fun mask to wear that she really likes and she does this three times a day.


1 comment:

Heather S. said...

So sorry Chloe has been sick. Norah has asthma so we have done more breathing treatments than I care to count!